About this Project
Development of a framework with flexible tracking options, device integration, robot and avatar interaction and much more for VR applications in Unreal. Our group works in multiple VR related directions. In this project, we aim at creating a universal tool for our future research, teaching, and further work with our partners. Our framework will speed up the deployment of the projects from scratch.
We would like to bring into Unreal our already existing solutions for VR, such as:
- simplify the transfer of the projects between different tracking systems (Vive, Oculus, marker trasking, etc)
- the advanced version of Flexible Spaces for infinite walking within the indoors environments (in progress)
- support for multi-level scenes and space stacking by combination of an elevator and spatial reorientation
- create an interface for integration of new devices and easier project maintanence
- introduce eye tracking together with a comprehensive analysis tool
- simplify the application of animations and use of motion-capture suits to the ready models with minimum artifact
- improve on tracking of small and large objects
This project is closely related to the ImmersiveDeck. Check it out to get a better idea.